20 November 2009

a lightening

gold
It is beautiful out. There are things even an existential crisis cannot deny.

Finally in November the trees conjured that alchemy that transforms green leaves to gold. I have blown through four rolls of film with all my oohing and aahing.

I notice, though, that the trees are disrobing pretty quickly; they are already half undressed. The winds now bring a shock of cold and a waft of chimney smoke. Still lovely, but very nearly winter. So it's time to start posting the fall-inspired still lifes I've been snapping before they become a mere echo of the season's greatest hits.

[I am inordinately excited about the coming week in pictures.]

*****

Also -- oh, alright -- I am excited about more than leaves today. I've just discovered an LA Times article/photoshoot about a family of three living in 380 square feet. I've been having doubts lately about the 340 square feet the mister and I share -- wondering if maybe I'd encouraged us to go too small. And this is some excellently timed succor for my woes.

If my life were a musical, I think now is about the time I would burst into song.

2 comments:

  1. a friend of mine told me to read that same article because I live in a small house with child and partner....Our place is bigger, but not by much.

    I like your new blog and the writing you've been doing to accompany your beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it feels a little crazy here, trying to cram a life for two into essentially a shoe box. i am always reassured to hear that we are not the only ones. that people are out there doing ballsy, creative, small things. i am especially inspired when people can do this with kids in the mix.

    and thank you, for the kind words. which are also lovely to hear.

    ReplyDelete